6.01.2008

birth of a blog


"into the caverns of tomorrow, with just our flashlights and our love, we must plunge, we must plunge, we must plunge" -bright eyes

so, it's true...i joined the blogging world--finally! it's june 1...that's a good day for the birth of a blog, right? i guess it's a gemini!

after spending time with several friends this week, all of them bloggers, i decided to switch over to the darkside and join the crazy world of blogs. i don't feel like i'm funny enough or witty enough to have a blog, but i've seen some dull blogs out there, so i guess i'll take a shot at it. i do have an exciting and eventful life, so if nothing else, i'll start taking pics of my random adventures!

i suck at writing in a journal, so i don't know if i'll have much more success at a blog. but, i'll set my blogging goals low, so i can be sure to succeed! that means, expect little from me and i'll be sure to deliver!

as many people know, i recently moved to utah from beautiful seattle--yep, i'm back in zion! haha! and i'm actually quite happy about the move. my brother and his wife live in provo. my sister, her husband, and their cute little baby boy live in north salt lake. (yes, i'm a proud auntie of the cutest nephew ever!) so, it's nice to be close to family. although i miss the beautiful city of seattle and all of my absolutely amazing friends there; i do love the sun, mountains, snow, family, and friends that i have here in utah.

i had a really great past week! i spent memorial day weekend in seattle visiting my awesome friends and going to sasquatch music festival--stephanie and i saw the cure, death cab, tegan and sara, michael franti, presidents, and some other random bands! robert smith is soooo old, yet his voice is still the same sexy voice of the 80's! when i got back to utah, i was lucky enough to see another old band--the breeders! my friend renee was in town from canada and hooked me up with a ticket (thanks, renee and sam!). we rocked out in the front row. kim and kelly deal both look like moms--especially with their mom jeans, but they can still jam! what an amazing show! it was fun to have renee in town--we also got to visit bess and jenny! i have the greatest friends ever. this weekend made me so grateful for the friends who bless my life, which segues into the fact that i also got to see the Sex and the City movie this weekend with some good friends! great movie, even better friends!

"no matter who broke your heart or how long it takes to heal, you’ll never get through it without your friends."--carrie bradshaw


5 comments:

Jacob said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, Bev! I had heard you moved back to Utah - are you teaching now? I am looking forward to hearing about your fun adventures and also seeing pictures of your cutest nephew! June is a great month for the birth of your blog (and guess what? Sometime this month, the birth of my little baby son, Sawyer...stay tuned!)

Also, I'm so glad you got to enjoy Sasquatch - for obvious reasons I couldn't go this year - even though I wanted to sneak over there, (regardless of the possibility of having the baby in the middle of the festival!) We went to folklife instead. Not as great as Sasquatch, but fun nonetheless!

Lori said...

I'm glad you are here. :)

Mindy Sauther said...

Bev- too good to be true! I look forward to all the adventures this summer has in store and the wild stories you will have to tell.

Janell said...

Oh, I am shaking I am so exciting you are a blogger now too =)!!

Esther said...

This is awesome Bev! This will be much more effective than our bi-weekly voicemails to each other. :)